Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

Colombia - The Most Challenging Thing, I have yet to do.

Please excuse, as your weekly #MostlyModest videos are interrupted with updates of my Colombia adventures. Your others programs will continue as scheduled, with the #EasyHealthyRecipes and Mind/Life Hacks! 

With all that being said, venturing out and living in Colombia, is quite possibly, the most challenging thing, I have yet to do in my 26 years on the earth.
In case you are wondering why I am here and didn't catch what I shared earlier this week on FB. 
I will share the post here: 

 (Starting w/ a Roof Top Photo from Bucaramanga, Colombia.) 


Grateful. I am so grateful. I have wanted to visit and be immersed in a Spanish speaking country since I was 19. Here I am 7 years later, finally making it happen and although my original plan was to live here for a year. I am an adult now and with my current life, all I could pull off was 1 month and 1 month, more than likely won't be enough but it is a start and I believe a catalyst for the next phase, with this goal of mine to be fluent in Spanish.

I'm grateful. I am grateful for the many things we often take for granted like hot water, Abundant resources and safe streets to walk at night. I am grateful for so much more but don't wanna get too mooshie or cry, in front of this cute old lady, who I can hardly communicate with ;)

I feel so much love. For my family, friends and followers!

Tonight as I write this, my head spins. I am tired and by the end of the day cranky! 
I miss my comforts of home.
My routine, the foods I eat, my regular exercise, my puppies, my husband.


THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO PUSH OUTSIDE OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE

It sucks. It's uncomfortable, but ultimately good for us and I know from the bottom of my soul, if I would have never done this, although, it's only a portion of what I had originally planned, I would regret it for the rest of my life.

Because this is something, that I so deeply wanted to do.

Stepping outside of our comfort zone's is essential for growth. I know this to be true..and I have such a BIG comfort zone, I rarely feel uncomfortable..and man oh man, right now I feel it..
End of the days are the worst.
I'm so mentally exhausted. 
My brain is processing so much.
My surroundings.
The language.
Energy of the people
The Culture

I am truly exhausted! haha! But at the same time filled with immense gratitude. When I am out and about. I am soo incredibly happy.
This place is very beautiful.
The weather is a humid 75 degrees Fahrenheit 



I am seriously filled with so much gratitude and emotion, overall.
For everything. It's crazy.

I have only been here 3 days, so there in not much more to say.
In sum, however, I will share, that pushing outside of our comfort zones is profound.
and as I am here, I think to myself, I have only used my current level of Spanish, very little, in the past 3 years.
 Am I even going to use the Spanish I learn..will I be able to implement this experience into my life, later on?

and then I think to myself...Yes, just like a good book...
My sister in law once asked me, if I think we actually retain the information from the books we read..and I told her, I do, I think we retain a lot more than we consciously think.
And so it is with this crazy experience.

I believe I am probably retaining a lot more than I think and I will carry this experience with me, in one way or another for the rest of my life.
I believe every single experience, shapes and molds our perspective and lives, much more than we initially, over even consciously, think.

AND Now for the FOOD! :)


Water in a bag!..
Arroz Con Pollo and a fruit similar to Dragon Fruit
I forget what this is called. I didn't eat the skin though
and it's filled with Potatoes and something else..

Obleas
and now some of the places










That lady right there, is my good girlfriend Michelle's Mother in Law. 
She is so kind to take me out and about.
She literally speaks zero English and it certainly is a challenge sometimes but she tolerates me well :)
She's such a good sport!

I'll share more updates and pictures (I have a lot more) on FB and a little on Instagram
So be sure that we are Friends :)

Also! To be sure to catch all the HotHealthyHappy.TV videos - 

Hasta Luego!

Con Mucho Amor 
-Shanelle 
P.S. I only brought a small carry on and a backpack, so you will probably see the same clothes, quite a few times. I'm working on laying low. :) Additionally the fashion here is not much different than the fashion in the United States. From fun colored leggings, to combat boots..it's not much different.

Besos! 



No comments:

Post a Comment