Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

"June & July" H-Town. Houston, Texas!


(I love this quote by Paulo Coelho, from a booked called Aleph, that I started and finished, during our travels. Good Read! and this is a Sleepy Sunday Church Selfie from this morning :) )

So..we headed off to Houston, it took us just one day of driving to get here..Just about 15 hours.
(P.S. I am leading in from the previous post. You can catch that post HERE)

And Once we got here, we got to work and worked a lot! And man oh man, it is hot here!! I have however been super grateful for all the rain, they have had this summer AND I will say, that initially I hated the humidity, but it turned out Humidity is Super Fantastic for the skin and my skin seems very happy!! So, in turn , I don't mind the humidity too much any mo ;) At the end of July we will have been here 2 months.

In addition to lots of work, which has become more even keel now, not so hardcore, we got a pup!
We have had our wonderful, independent, smart and talented JoJo haha! (he's my first babe) for a year and felt he needed a friend. So we unexpectedly rescued a pup. 

We basically figured, a puppy needs just as much love and attention, might as well, give that same love and attention to a dog who needs it more! So we got Einstein and man, poor guy had spent most of his life in a kennel and was extremely emotionally neglected. He Also had NEVER had a haircut or ever been outside! and he is over a year old!!

It took us a couple weeks, but he sure loves to cuddle, he is 94% potty trained, we leave him in the kitchen and he doesn't make mistakes anymore, he's learning his name, his learning to play with JoJo and man he sure is handsome now that he has gotten a haircut!



^ ^ ^
What Do You Think?!

For the 4th of July, we spent it with friends and HUGE fireworks!! Turns out here in Texas, fireworks, that are illegal, in almost every other state, the fireworks that I had to purchase illegally on the Indian Reservations, are very much legal here. So we had quite the show. Despite, our front row seats being a little too close, it was a lot of fun. Especially with all the excited kiddos!






In between the work we have managed to sneak in some fun, in addition, to our crazy fireworks show! :)
We've spent a few days, this month at Wet n' Wilds Splash Town. Enjoyed some "Ninja Turtle" sushi rolls and hit golf balls at the Driving Range. :) We really suck at "Top Golf"'s driving range games..but they are fun, none the less! haha!


I love this sunset photo of Jordan golfing at "Top Golf" Driving Range.


oh and we got in a hour or so of rock climbing. That is a work out!! 



Jordan got himself a super sweet, heavy keyed, keyboard! He started taking piano lessons again this month, one hour long lessons, once a week. Jordan took lessons when he was a kid, but hasn't played, consistently, in a really long time. It's like riding a bicycle, for him though, he catches on so quickly,. The piano is so beautiful and it makes my heart so happy to hear him play and hear the music ringing through our little apartment!



I have fallen in love with make-up. In particular, lip shades, contouring shadows, Tart powder and Smashbox BB Cream!!





and  I am one month in on taking Krav Maga classes :) My Israeli friends would be so proud! Krav is an Israeli martial art that is taught to the Israeli military.
I find, I am more of an Endorphin Junkie than anything else and their conditioning classes kick my butt, so that's what I primarily attend that gym for. The marital arts classes are just an added bonus! KiYah! ;)

Lastly!

We attended the Jay-Z & Beyonce On The Run Tour!!!

This completely and utterly rocked my world! Despite having nose bleed seats! I was so happy to be there. I couldn't imagine paying $300 ++ per ticket but I also couldn't image missing the concert all together, so I only went in on $125 a ticket. I was just grateful to be in their live presence and in Beyonce's home town!
I love Beyonce and I have been singing Jay-Z lyrics, since I can remember. They put on an Incredible performance and I adore my husband for enduring as I screamed and danced and sang all the lyrics :) He is such a trooper!
I will say however, we both walked out of there Totally Inspired. Throughout Jay's performances he continued to remind the audience to Pursue our dreams endlessly and passionately and he being the perfect example of doing that, as well as Beyonce. You can't help but walk out on a high of inspiration. They both literally started from nothing and built world wide empires, impacting sooo many lives with their talents and good works. They put on a phenomenal show, that ended with a heart warming reel of family photos as they performed "Forever Young" to close out the show. 





So that pretty much sums up our month. Stay tuned, for Jordan's birthday celebrations post! :)

Oh we also saw Lucy, the movie. It is quite interesting. If you enjoy movies about the mind and being Your Best Self. You may enjoy this movie. Jordan and I sure did and I'm gunna share a few insights/ thoughts on it, in an upcoming video, this week.


That's the month of July. 
Lots of work, lots of play, some Beyonce. ;) and Lots and Lots of Videos! Be sure to subscribe, so you catch all the videos! I share a few a week! and say Hi on Facebook! 

 Okay two more things! 
And 2. This is fun! haha! Jordan lost a bet and got pied by a lot of the guys on the team out here. lol He took it in grace and stride! lol




xoxooxox
Sooooo Much Love sent to YOU!

xoxoxoxox
Shanelle

No comments:

Post a Comment