Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Old Friends - Rochester New York - Palmyra Wedding/Sealing & Niagara Falls "Maid of The Mist"

Whooo! A lot happened this week! Haha!

Monday, I had the great pleasure of spending a few hours in downtown, Houston, with a couple of girlfriends who I grew up with and who I have seen in a few years. 

The beautiful thing about good friends, is that, we can hang out again and that old bond is still there, you mesh like mash potatoes and gravy..or peanut butter and jelly..spaghetti and meatball. Lol
There is nothing like close friends from childhood, they know who you were, the things you endured and many times endured it all with you. My heart is so full and I am grateful I got to spend a couple hours chit chatiing with those beauties


The very next day, I filmed a couple videos All Natural Teeth Whitening & Strawberry Treat, we dropped off our Paw Babies at The Larsen’s house, whom we are soooooooooooo extremely grateful for and Jordan and I boarded a plane to Rochester, New York.
















We arrived at almost 1am, New York time, where Michelle Dian Taylor, picked us up.

The next day we did some wedding decorations, in the LDS chapel and spent the day prepping for the reception in two days.

Growing up, I had always heard of this town Rochester, my dad’s from here. I don’t talk to my father much, but it was neat to be in his home town and as I was there, my brother insisted, I visit my father’s childhood home. So towards the end of Thursdays decoration party, we visisted his childhood home.


Rochester is very green  and basically an accumulation of small towns.

Thursday, late afternoon, Jordan and I rented a car and drove to Niagara Falls. It’s only an hour and a half from Michelle’s families home and we couldn’t pass up the opportunity. Additionally we went later in the day, because her mom had tipped us off, on the beautiful night display the falls puts on and we wanted to see that too. Good thing we left when we did, because we caught the last of the “maid of the mist” ride, while experiencing a beautiful sunset and ending the day with the colorfully lite Niagara Falls. You wanna see?



Friday was the whole reason we flew out here for, to see Michelle be sealed to her husband, for time and all eternity at the Palmyra temple, in Palmyra, New York.

Jordan and I had gotten home late the night before but I woke up early to met the bride at her hotel and was able to assist her get ready. I painted her pretty nails and got the opportunity to do her make-up. While Christy did her hair, kept her fed and happy and calm.


Michelle looked Beautiful.


The sealing was at 1pm. I was a beautiful sealing and was a great reminder, as Jordan and I will have been married for 2 years, on the 25th of this month. The sealer reminded us, that we all struggle, but that is how we grow and to always keeep trying. It was a quant sealing and I was so happy to be there and to have Hubbs there with me too.


Jordan and I also had the opportunity to walk through the sacred grove and see some of the historic church sites there as well.




Michelle’s home and childhood chapel is an hour awasy from Palmyra, so almost immediately after we got done with the tours and got home, it was time for the reception.

I wish I would have gotten more pics of the reception. Man, that place was STUNNING!!! Michelle did not want a reception, in an LDS chapel and the chapel was the last resort, as that was the case, Michelle’s aunt and her aunts friends, promised her, it would not look like a church gym and it didn’t, not by any means.
They raised beautiful pink parachutes on the ceiling., hung antique ladders, that held, mason jars that were holding tea candles. There were sooo many tea candles and they were the source of light for the chapel, as the other lights were shut off.
The ambiance was simply magical and awe inspiring. It truly was  a love filled, remarkable evening.
We ended the night by, Christy, Michelle’s Brother and Jordan and I, all going in on a Jaccuzzi suite for them, where we laid rose pedals and got bubble bath stuff, as well as apple cidar hehehe. It was fun!


I am grateful to have been apart of it all and to experience all the love of family and friends and the love between Michelle and Will, it was all beautiful.
Saturday, Jordan and I slept in, packed up and drove 6 hours to New York City, Manhattan for a day and then we fly out Monday from Rochester, New York.
I am writing all of this during our drive! Photos will be on IG and FB and a video synopsis will be available later this week.
I’m excited for the next coming week, with family and lots of playing on the water.
I do miss my pups though! :)


Subscribe To The Channel By Clicking HERE.

& Come Say Hi! : Instagram - Facebook - Twitter Pinterest

Xoxoxoxo
Shanelle



No comments:

Post a Comment