Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

TBT To The Eiffel Tower


Hi! This is me, age 17. I wish you could see my shoes, I had those colored converse on. One Dark Brown and the other Light Brown. I thought I was cool.
Can you pick out which is me?!

9 Years ago, I boarded my very first plane, train and subway to and in Europe.

I was a determined teenager. I NEEDED to travel the world and felt as though, if I didn't do it NOW, I was never going to do it! 
I often get that feeling now days too! I don't believe in Somedays.
It's Important to me, to set goals and definite time frames, especially for events like this one.

So anyway, I knew I needed to go and the only way, I knew, available for me to travel, at the time, was this Scandinavian Trip, that was put on yearly by the "Scandinavian Club."
So, I joined the Scandinavian Club, which I rarely attended meetings too and saved I believe it was  2 or 3 thousand, could have been less and booked my place for this trip! I'm grateful my parents never second guessed it, they willingly let me go. I don't even remember them meeting the chaperons before I left and at 17, just towards the end of my Senior year of High School, I boarded my Very First, Ever Plane, to fly to Europe.

We visited 7 countries in 10 days, in which we arrived to each location by boat, car (on the autobahn!), subway and train. It truly was a remarkable adventure. All of my pictures are currently in storage but when storage arrives, which will be soon, I'll sift through and post some more pictures!

We visited Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, France, Switzerland and Belgium.

The photo above is my and mah Scandinavian Crew, in front of the Eiffel tower, which I gratefully got to ride an elevator to the top of! and that glass wall pictured directly behind us is "Le Mur Des Je T'aime" (I love you wall) Where "I love you" is written in 250 languages!
How romantical, huh?!

I would love to visit France again!

I ate chocolate in Belgium.
Sweden has amazing shopping.
I bought clogs in Switzerland. 

I am so grateful for that little voice inside that pushes me to "DO IT NOW!" haha! It's annoying, yet inspiring all at the same time!

Setting Time Frames and working towards something not only makes me feel alive, but also makes sure, those things, Do Get Accomplished. 

Travel can be cheap and easy, if want it to be and don't over think it, but rather just do! 
And plan for it, so you can save a little at a time :) 

Have you been to any of these places? What was your favorite thing to do?


No comments:

Post a Comment